Oh noes! It's another blog!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tutu Kueh


There is no sweet snack I like more than pieces of fragrant flour with peanut or coconut filling placed on pandan leaves. But probably due to poor sustainability of such businesses, Tutu Kueh vendors become endangered, only appearing at neglected corners of pasar malams (night markets).

So this familiar craving of mine came again today. I went downstairs, and hunted down the Tutu Kueh stall with my keen sense of smell. Something on the sign left me stunned for half an eternity. WHAT?! $2 for 5?! And there I was a day ago, thinking that $1 for 3 is already rip-off =( At this rate of price increase, Tutu Kueh will become a luxury good in no time due to limited supply.

Then there was something else new on that board: 'New Flavour, Chocolate!' How can anyone resist blatant marketing efforts like that??? After all the inner turmoil and drama (which apprently didn't get the stall owner's attention), I reluctantly placed an order for 2x coconut, 2x peanut, and 1x chocolate Tutu Kuehs.

I always enjoy watching these little white angels come to form and more so, felt the need to create more worth for my $2. And then I carried home the little transparent plastic bag of goodness, half hopping like a happy girl.

*More unimportant nonsense*

What I'm trying to say here is, Tutu Kuehs no longer smell all nicey like they used to, and NEVER EVER try the chocolate ones! The taste of cocoa is a total misfit with Tutu flour, and it doesn't help when they use chocolate of the lowest grades.

Tutu Kueh of Past: 9.5/10

Tutu Kueh of Present: 6/10

Chocolate Tutu Kueh: 0.2/10

还真是希望越大,失望越大...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home