Oh noes! It's another blog!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

小孩不笨2

Some people really doubt the quality of Singapore movies and rarely give them a chance in the cinema. After releases like 'I Do I Do', it's not hard to understand why that happens.

But 小孩不笨2 redeems Jack Neo's reputation: as a great movie to watch if anyone wants a summary into the life of hormone-raging teenagers, the struggles students go through, and how parenting is very commonly mishandled in Singapore.

I remember my mum say, "小孩子没什么可以讲的" in a demeaning tone when she saw the trailer of 小孩不笨2 on TV. This is exactly what this show wants to address, parents who think teaching methods of the 60s still work, people who shut away opinions of their own children. After coming through years of crap my family put me through, this movie had no difficult in establishing an emotional connection. There were many times when I cried during the show, simply because certain scenes remind me explicitly of my life.

I cannot even imagine how many young adults out there are scarred by parents refusing to understand and extremely brutal local academic systems. This scarring becomes fuel for people like me - fuel capable of accomplishing the most destructive, and the most constructive things. Some people choose to make things better, while others drown, and lose themselves in the overwhelming negativity or develop a combination of both.

With bold camera angles, a good use of local dialects and 2 handsome boys, 小孩不笨2 is an inspirational show for anyone that chooses to be inspired, and a great watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home